Friday 30 October 2015

Voodoo People Album Part I - Finished Front Cover

I have finally finished the front cover of my Voodoo People Album. As I mentioned earlier on it will hold picture's of our L.A.R.P. group the Voodoo People while we were playing at Ravenskeep Adventure's. 

One of the things I really wanted to add was a Raven Skull and through our network of larpers I found someone who made a 3D print of one for my project. Combined with some lovely paintwork of my husband I had found the perfect center piece for this project. 

So first there is the Front of the Front Cover :

The finished Raven Skull.

I've decided to add some more color to the front by covering the background of the "window" with distressed Core'dinations Color Core Paper and I finished the edges with some purple raffia.

The Titel is made with cardboard alpha's painted with Citadel - Boltgun Metal. I added those while the painted layers of tissue paper were still wet so they are pressed into the paper. The numbers are made from wood and also painted with Citadel - Boltgun Metal. I'm not convinced I'm going to leave those as they are. They seem to stand out to much, taking the focus of off the center piece.   


The frame underneath the Raven Skull is a MDF embellishment from a local craftstore. It's been dry brushed with layers of Citadel - Abaddon Black and Citadel - Boltgun Metal. I added a few roses in the corners of the "window" as a finishing touch. 


I absolutely LOVE how the center piece turned out!

And then we move on to the Inside of the Front Cover : 

I have made less picture's of the inside but I did turn out as wicked as the outside.


On the inside I covered the original paper with tissue paper like I did on the outside and painted it black. The original "window frame" of the front was painted Citadel - Boltgun Metal and used on the inside to frame the first picture of the series used in this album. This shows the graveyard area of the setting used during the L.A.R.P. event we played at. 

I used the Sizzix - Corner Flourish #2 die for the top right and bottom left corners and a die from a different brand (I honestly don't remember!) for the other corners. Small roses were added as a finishing touch.
  I would like to enter this finished project in three different challenges : 

In this weeks challenge we were allowed to choose any previous challenge to our liking. I wasn't ready with this project to enter in last weeks challenge so I choose Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - The Monster Mash.

I don't have any Lawn Fawn products so I couldn't use any on this weeks challenge. 

I definitely think this project would qualify as something wicked, don't you?

Picture of Graveyard made by : Scarlett Bohemian Fotografie

2 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful creation! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most definitely wicked! Love what you've created here with your album cover. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete