Friday 16 October 2015

R.L. Naquin - Monster Haven


Authoress :

R.L. Naquin

Official website : 

Series : 
Monster Haven

Part 1 : Monster in my Closet
Part 1.5 : Ill-Concieved Magic

Part 2 : Pooka in my Pantry

Part 2.5 : Hidden Holidays
Part 3 : Fairies in my Fireplace
Part 3.5 : What Zoe Doesn't Know
Part 4 : Golem in my Glovebox
Part 5 : Demons in my Driveway
Part 6 : Phoenix in my Fortune
Collection : Transmonstrified, stories from Monster Haven and other places close to home. 

Genre : 

Monsters / Fantasy

Description on the official website : 

I stopped believing in monsters long ago. But I knew I wasn't imagining things when I found one in my kitching baking muffins. I'd seen him before; lurking in my closet, scaring the crap out of my five-year-old self. Turns out that was a misunderstanding, and now Maurice needs a place to stay. How could I say no?


*****

I'm a sucker for these kinds of stories. Although the description hardly touches the main storyline it gives you that immediate feeling of "this is going to be fun!". The hidden world of monsters is in trouble and they need help. This light hearted book series, which is a complete and finished series, has a way of getting to you. The monsters become humane and at some point tears are involved. Anyone with a weakness for the underdogs should read this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment