Saturday 17 October 2015

C.D. Hussey & Leslie Fear - Blood of my Blood


 Authoress :

C.D. Hussey & Leslie Fear

Official website : 

Series : 
Blood of my Blood

Part 1 : Villere House : Blood of my Blood
Part 2 : Bayou Grisé : Sins of Sanite

Genre : 
Voodoo / Fantasy 18+


Description on Kobo : 


College senior, Lottie Boys, expects to drink too much while on spring break in New Orleans. What she doesn't expect is to be haunted. Of fall in love. 

It starts with strange, vivid dreams about a 19th century widow so desperate to save her sick little girl she's willing to do anything, even if it involves the black magic of voodoo. 

It doens't end there. Voices, ghost sightings, familiarity with things and places she couldn't possibly know.. All leading her to the Villere House of Voodoo and the young Creole owner, Xavier Villere. 

Xavier is compelled to help and is drawn to Lottie in a way he's never known, but skepticism of his family's century-old link to Voodoo and the occult keep her at arms length. If he can only come to terms with his heritage, he might be able to solve the mystery of the widow haunting Lottie's dreams. And maybe find love in the process. 
*****

I am drawn to anything with the theme of New Orleans, Voodoo and Magic. So when I came across these two books I knew I needed to read them. I didn't really consider them to be romantic even if it is a huge part of the plot. The first book includes dreams about the 19th century, letting you read the history of the family and I personally love stories that allow you to live through the past instead of just mentioning what happend. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen in the second book and although you do get to figure out what happend I found it a tad bit disappointing.

I don't know what the future holds for this series, it seems a completed storyline with a satisfying ending. I would definitely recommend these books to anyone who would like to read more about this theme/setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment